New & Noteworthy
CritiCall Ontario's New Total Hospital Occupancy Board Is Now Live
CritiCall Ontario’s new Total Hospital Occupancy Board is now available in the Provincial Hospital Resource System (PHRS).
Ontario’s involvement in COVID-19 has highlighted the immediate need for standardized, consistent province-wide information on bed and resource availability within the healthcare system. This new board will serve as a single source of provincial data on bed and resource availability within Ontario’s acute care hospitals.
Features and Benefits
The Total Hospital Occupancy Board replaces the previous Non-Critical Care Resource Board, which was removed at the end of August, and includes:
- Access to view all acute care hospitals across the province:
- Occupancy information using the same specialty and age categories
- Total Occupancy rates by specialty, age groups, and hospital
- Categories for unconventional spaces
- Volume of unavailable beds
- Occupancy information in real time (ADT interfaced hospitals only)
- Common understanding of service availability and occupancy pressures, including where hallway medicine is being delivered
- Elimination of manual updating for staff (ADT interfaced hospitals only (exception – Unavailable Beds and ACL Admission fields)
Educational materials to support the use of the new Total Hospital Occupancy Board are available in the PHRS Document Library.
Not on the Board Yet?
Onboarding for all acute care hospitals is ongoing. We are continuing to collect bed inventory and technical information from all hospitals to support their addition to the Total Hospital Occupancy Board. Your hospital will appear on the board only after this process has been completed in partnership with CritiCall Ontario.
This project has been endorsed as a component of the Ministry of Health’s Provincial Burden Reduction Strategy to reduce bed and resource reporting strain on Ontario hospitals. It will play a key role in supporting flow during potential future waves of COVID-19 and other situations that require understanding and coordination of available resources.
Contact us at email@example.com to find out how your hospital can get on board or for more information.
Ornge Telemedicine Support During COVID-19
On Tuesday, April 7, 2020, CritiCall Ontario will begin working with Ornge to help hospitals access additional support for their emergency or critical care patients during the COVID-19 pandemic.
How It Works:
- The service will be a supplement to existing CritiCall Ontario processes.
- Hospitals will continue to contact CritiCall Ontario at 1-800-668-4357 when they require assistance caring for an urgent, emergent or life or limb patient.
- CritiCall Ontario will continue to arrange for a consultation from a specialty physician at the closest, most appropriate hospital.
- If at the end of the call:
- the patient will remain at the hospital where he or she is receiving care, CritiCall Ontario will suggest that the physician can contact Ornge directly to request additional support from the Ornge Transport Medicine Physician (TMP) to help manage the patient, and at the physician’s request, CritiCall Ontario will call Ornge and put the referring site through to connect; OR
- the patient requires transfer to an accepting hospital and the referring physician would like support while awaiting the arrival of transport, CritiCall Ontario will suggest that the physician can contact Ornge directly to request additional support from the TMP to help manage the patient. At the physician’s request, CritiCall Ontario will call Ornge and put the referring site through to connect.
*The Ornge TMP may also be engaged by CritiCall Ontario to provide a primary consultation if the virtual care physicians from established virtual critical care programs at Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre (Regional Critical Care Response) and Health Sciences North (Virtual Critical Care) are unavailable and require primary back-up as a result of increased demand for critical care services.
Patients Who Will Benefit:
This service is not specific to COVID-19 and can be utilized for patients with general acute and critical care needs.
- This service will be offered by CritiCall Ontario for all cases.
- The Referring Physician will be put through to Ornge for continuation of assistance.
- Ornge has one TMP and one back-up TMP available 24/7. Service will be subject to the availability of the TMPs and prioritized by Ornge in accordance with demand for TMP support at the time of the request.
- For Ornge-related questions or information: James MacDonald, Director, Communications and Public Affairs, 647.428.2107 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- For CritiCall Ontario-related questions or information: Christine Moon, Manager of Communications & Client Relations, 289.396.7000 ext. 7558 or email@example.com
- For Ontario Health (OTN)-related questions or information: Amanda Willard, Provincial Lead, Emergency Services, 416.446.4110 x 4115 or firstname.lastname@example.org