Provincial Hospital Resource System
The Provincial Hospital Resource System (PHRS) provides a single source of information on the availability of acute care and psychiatric beds and resources in Ontario hospitals. Built and managed by CritiCall Ontario, the PHRS is available to all acute care and psychiatric hospitals in Ontario as a common system to keep bed and resource information up to date. CritiCall Ontario may use this information to assist with day-to-day case facilitation and during times of crisis or disaster when a coordinated effort to relocate patients from affected areas is required.
CritiCall Ontario relies on hospitals to help keep the bed and resource information in the PHRS current. You can keep CritiCall Ontario informed of any changes to your resource or organizational information by completing the PHRS Service Inventory.
Hospitals and Ontario Health can request access to the PHRS. Once registered, PHRS users can visit the Document Library in the PHRS to access user manuals, educational materials including self-directed modules and webinar training schedules, and PHRS Hospital Reports for their organization. Contact your Client Relations Manager for more information including education and training opportunities.
Newest PHRS Resource BoardOccupancy information is now updating in close to real time for more than 90% of Ontario hospitals on CritiCall Ontario’s new Total Hospital Occupancy Board.
The Total Hospital Occupancy board redefines how occupancy information is captured and made available to Ontario hospitals and is well positioned to become a key source of truth about bed availability and hospital occupancy in Ontario.
Features and Benefits
The Total Hospital Occupancy Board includes:
- Access to view all acute care hospitals across the province:
- Occupancy information using the same specialty and age categories
- Total Occupancy rates by specialty, age groups, and hospital
- Categories for unconventional spaces
- Volume of unavailable beds
- Occupancy information in real time (ADT interfaced hospitals only)
- Common understanding of service availability and occupancy pressures, including where hallway medicine is being delivered
- Elimination of manual updating for staff (ADT interfaced hospitals only (exception – Unavailable Beds and ALC Admission fields)